Ending discrimination requires collective action. Unless we confront ageism now, we will all face it sooner or later. Let’s join forces to create a society for all ages! To learn how to get involved continue reading this page or read our 2019 toolkit to organise your campaign action!
- Learn about ageism and how different groups experience and are affected by ageist stereotypes browsing the ‘thematic sections’ and the ‘learn’ page of the ageing-equal.org website
- Use the hashtag #AgeingEqual to talk about the campaign in social media. For more information on how to use social media during the campaign see our social media guide
- Take a photo with the campaign motto ‘Human rights do not diminish with age’ and post it using the hashtag #AgeingEqual
- Use the campaign material to catch public attention. Our communication toolkit includes photos, logos, banners, infographics, and videos of the campaign
Example of posts
+ Human rights have no age limits. Human beings of all ages are equal in dignity and rights. Say no to ageism. #AgeingEqual
+ Everyone is or will be affected by ageism. Support the #AgeingEqual campaign today for equal opportunities tomorrow!
+ Celebrate the 70th anniversary of the UDHR by standing up against ageism. Support the #AgeingEqual campaign![/vc_column_text]
- Share an example of ageism using the hashtag #AgeingEqual. For more information and examples on how to use social media during the campaign see our social media guide. If you want to read testimonies of ageism go to the dedicated page of our website.
- Help us change the image of ageing shedding a light onto diverse experiences of ageing. Post on social media a photo of you with the ‘I am old so what?’ sign telling us what you did today or how you feel about ageing using the hashtag #AgeingEqual
- Propose ways to fight ageism. Tell us what you are doing and what you believe needs to happen at grassroots, national and international level to end ageism writing a short blogpost or posting on social media using the hashtag #AgeingEqual. To learn about how you can submit a blogpost for the campaign website ageing-equal.org read our guide for supporters.
Example of posts
+ In many EU countries if you develop a disability before the age of
60 or 65 you have access to a relatively good support system, but
beyond that age you may not have access to rehabilitation, to a
mobility allowance, or care outside a nursing home #AgeingEqual
+ Research shows that enforcing mandatory retirement does not
create more jobs for young people. Instead, society misses out from
older workers’ abilities and experiences #AgeingEqual
Contact us using this online form and share your testimony, your research, your ideas to challenge ageism!
“Consciousness-raising is a tool that uses the power of personal experiences to unpack unconscious prejudices and to call for social change.”
Ashton Applewhite, anti-ageism activist